20130721

FOUR CORNERS

'Four Corners' (representing the 4 states of America: New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Arizona) went on air in February 1998. Initially called 'Homestead', David Jacobs insisted, "This is not the saga of 2 women but 2 families struggling in the contemporary Southwest." Michael Filerman added, "But the ladies are the focus. Sonia (Braga) plays an Ann Richards-type activist, and we expect Ann-Margret to be the series' moral center – like Karen on 'Knots Landing.'"

Ann-Margret made her TV series debut on 'Four Corners'. "I've done features, recordings, mini-series, TV movies," she enthused. "Except for Broadway, this is the only thing I haven't tried...They asked me if I wanted to do a sitcom or a drama, and I thought about it very carefully. I decided on the drama...I really enjoy coming into television now. There's a lot going on. I believe if they can find us (on Tuesday nights), there's an audience that will like this show."

Up against 'NYPD Blue' and 'Dateline NBC', 'Four Corners' lasted 4 episodes (of which 2 were shown back-to-back). Nevertheless Ann-Margret maintained, "As long as I can work, I will work. Besides I don’t think the freeways will be that crowded when I’m heading home at 4 in the morning." David remembered, "CBS tested the show and it didn't test well. They started moving the shows around out of order. In fairness, they weren't great, but we could have fixed them and we did."

Blog Archive