20130826

KNOTS LANDING

"There is a great attention paid to style and detail on 'Knots Landing' that you won’t find on other shows,"Joseph Gian observed. Michele Lee added, "There was just a certain innocence about the show that represented a kind of hope. It was real." Michael Filerman concurred, "It was humanity. We dealt with people's problems." Bernard Lechowick pointed out, "Donna Mills played either a vixen or villain up to (1987). So she has a daughter who uses drugs, let's humanize her. It’s more interesting to see a villain in a situation like this; now she’s presented with a problem she can’t get out of in the usual way."  

Constance McCashin made the comment, "The quality of the writing, the editing, the lighting, everything was just so much better than what you typically see on TV." On 'Knots Landing', Hunt Block described his character as "a young Robert McNamara (the Secretary of Defense under John F Kennedy and Lyndon Baines Johnson). He's a corporate sting kind of guy. He's definitely a dark guy. Opportunistic. Very conservative in appearance and attitude...My family is very amused by this..." Lar Park Lincoln remembered, "As soon as I read the script, I thought, 'This is perfect. If I’m not going to continue the character, at least let some morality come out of it – where the most horrible person on the show really gets what she deserves. Linda cheated, backstabbed and turned on everyone." 

Ava Gardner played the mother of a U.S. Senator, "And if you think I know much more about my character than that, think again. None of us know where the plot is going. I never realized how realistic these shows are. In everyday life, we don’t know where we’re going, either. In feature films, there was always time. But in television they don’t have that luxury. Before I knew it, they asked me to wear a suit of my own as the show wardrobe wasn’t ready yet. They told me to be at the studio at 4:30a.m., and 2 hours later I was working."

 

Blog Archive