20130820

NICOLETTE LARSON

'Lotta Love', the first track on Nicolette Larson's debut album, was the 8th hottest song on the Billboard chart in February 1979. "I didn't really have the goal that I've achieved in mind," Nicolette confessed. "I think maybe sometimes if you do have far-reaching goals and if you become obsessed with them, you can miss something that might be right before your eyes."

Her singing, Nicolette believed, "I think it was really a case of being at the right place at the right time. I was at a rehearsal hall, and Hoyt Axton was looking for a singer and one of the guys had heard me singing in the hall."

'Lotta Love' was written by Neil Young, "He recorded it first, and I heard it and said 'Gee that's great. How come you don't put that song out?'. And he goes, 'Oh, do you want it? It's yours.' That was what he said with every song of his that I admired. It was kind of like, 'Don't ask me why I don't put this out. You want to put it out, you put it out.' So I recorded it, and got it all ready to put out, then at the very last minute he changed his mind on 'Comes A Time' and put it on that. So we both released it the very same day, actually. I changed it around quite a lot from Neil's version. His is a lot different with all the 'la la la la's' at the beginning."

Blog Archive