20130909

SUPERFRIENDS

'SuperFriends' ran between 1973 and 1986 featuring heroes "created from the cosmic legend of the universe dedicated to truth, justice and peace for all mankind." 

The 'SuperFriends' would normally be "involved in a situation that, through comedy and adventure, culminates in a resolution of the story with a pro-social effect." 

Writer David Villaire recounted, "There were 15-minute, half-hour, and hour episodes. I was probably writing two 15-minute ones a week and editing maybe 4 or 5. You had a general idea what the series was like and what the characters could do. You’d come up with maybe 10-15 one-page premises and they’d pick maybe 3 or none or whatever. They wanted a premise before any outline. Premise to outline to script." 

Shannon Farnon gave voice to the character of 'Wonder Woman' shared, "In high school, I started doing the theater arts class and I just knew that’s what I wanted to do from then on...The voice-over work always appealed to me...I grew up when comic books were what (children) read. Remember, I’m old enough to have not had television until I was 10 or 11, I forget the age...(The 'Wonder Woman') character was never locked in. She was quite androgynous when we first started out. We created her as being 'one of the guys' in a sense...And it was important that the children that were going to watch us, believed us...But anytime we got too realistic, we were reminded (by the directors) that we were doing a cartoon."

 

Blog Archive