20131011

JOSEF RANALD

Hand reader Dr Josef Ranald studied at the Sigmund Freud School of Applied Psychoanalysis. His book 'How to Know People by their Hands' was published in 1938. He had knowledge of mind reader Erik Jan Hanussen (also known as Herman Steinschneider) in the Austrian Army in 1918. 

At 2:00a.m. one morning in 1932 at Berlin's Kaiserhof Hotel, Josef met with Adolf Hitler. He recounted, "When I finally found myself face-to-face with Hitler, I knew that here was a rare combination of evil mediocrity and lunacy. Hanussen, Hitler’s astrologer, introduced me to the fuehrer.....I happened to know Hitler himself judges everyone by his hands, and had had his own read by experts many times. Everything they had told him up to that time – he had not as yet come to power as Reich Chancellor – had come true, he told me enthusiastically. 

"'Here', he said, sticking his hands under my nose, 'tell me, what you see in them?' I glanced at them quickly, and I must say that a more violent and destructive pair of hands I have never seen....'But can't you tell me anything now?'...'Herr Hitler, I am afraid that you will come into power. How long this power will last, I cannot tell you at this moment, but woe to Germany and Europe when this event will occur'. Hitler, staring at me wildly, shook his fist at me and screamed, 'I will tell you how long this power will last – it will last a thousand years!' If I had had any doubt up to that moment that the man was insane, that doubt was dispelled." 

Although Hitler had "the most evil and most destructive hand I have ever read," Josef noted, "Most remarkable of all is Hitler’s line of destiny whose origin is marked by a cross, its termination by a star under the middle finger. This line marks the destiny of a man whose fate is out of his control....I saw in Hitler’s palm a concentration of what I had been seeing in the hands of the average man and woman throughout Europe for a number of years. During this time I had read some 50,000 palms, and had seen, in so many of them, tragic signs of impending world-wide catastrophe. When I saw Hitler’s terrible tell-tale palm, I realized that here was the key to the disaster – war, and its famine and wholesale destruction." 

By May 1941, Josef pointed out, "When I predicted an end to his glory – the lines really showed a violent end due several months ago, so Hitler is living on borrowed time – the fuehrer-to-be grunted and glared at me and I did well in getting out before he threw me out." 

"The most marked characteristic of (Rudolf) Hess," Josef remarked, "was his leaning toward the occult. His palms were marked by what we call 'crosses of mysticism' and these lines dominated all others. Hess stood out from other Nazi leaders of my acquaintance in that he appeared incorruptible and seemed to lack entirely any element of personal ambition or self-seeking...Apparently Hitler did not measure up to the ideal which Hess first attached to him...I told him, after reading his palm that his hand indicated he would come into great power but it would not last. I pointed this out on his feeble life line. He took it in very good grace, although he was fascinated by my account." 

Benito Mussolini’s hand "is clearly a hand of destiny, but hardly of an altogether happy destiny." 

Franklin Roosevelt's "line of destiny is a most fortunate one for anyone in a public career...it shows creative force and the helpful influence of others. The termination of his line of destiny points to an exceedingly happy marriage, also influential in bringing success."

Blog Archive