20110911

MELROSE PLACE

Melrose Place, Thomas Calabro believed, "is a perfect escapism."

One network chief added, "In this day and age, it's only a very special show that gets as far as Melrose did."

On Melrose Place, Courtney Thorne-Smith remembered, "I was surrounded by people who were a natural size 2....I felt pressure to look a certain way."

By her own admission, Heather Locklear conceded, "I think, 'I definitely shouldn't have that Krispy Kreme', then I have 3!"

Courtney recalled, "Heather can eat junk food all day long. One day she was eating this big frosted donut, and I was eating an apple. I was totally full of resentment."

Heather confessed, "....I love chocolate icing out of a can. And Taco Bell sauce. I love fast food - Monster Tacos from Jack In The Box and curly fries. I like plain hamburgers from McDonald's with french fries in the middle."

Courtney conceded, "The amount of time I spent thinking about food and being upset about my body was insane....You're never eating what you want. If you're eating plain chicken, a plain potato and a salad with no dressing, there's no satisfaction in any one bite, so you're going to eat a hundred bites."

Of Melrose Place, Heather observed, "When it first started, it was a very bubble-gum, pop kind of show. If you ever see the first few episodes, they are all real nice and neat and tidy and their biggest problems are that somebody broke a nail or got a flat tire."

Then, producer Charles Pratt Jr. explained, "It definitely became 'how much crazier can we get?'"

On Melrose Place, Linda Gray played the owner of a modeling agency. Linda had worked as a model from about 1961 to around 1974. She based her character on Eileen Ford. Of modeling, Linda made the comment, "It’s a whole different world now. My experience wasn’t even close to comparable to whatever being a 'supermodel' is now."

Grant Show acted on a daytime soap opera before starring on Melrose Place. He made the observation, "The worst thing about the daytime show was that the writing was so poorly thought out and so repetitive. They assumed that the audience only watched 2 or 3 episodes a week. So you had to do the same scenes at least 3 times, sometimes more."

Blog Archive